Wedding Website = NOT a Waste of Time
A wedding website is probably the best platform for bringing your guests together in one virtual place. Set it up and then post as much information as you want. It’ll make planning your event much easier, especially if you can set up alerts to notify people of any changes or news on the site.
Many suppliers let you personalize the page with your wedding color scheme, add photos and even add a forum for your guests to chat on, making the page a nice taster for your big day. You can start building excitement early on!
You can add things to your wedding website that will help your guests, like directions to your venue and nearby hotels. And if you want to be extra helpful, add a wedding countdown clock and weather forecast for the big day so guests can plan their outfits!
Benefits to having a wedding website:
• Your fridge can only hold so many magnets! Skip the magnets, save some cash, and put together a website.
• Change of plans? No problem. Last minute location change? In-case-of-rain info? Hotel updates? While major changes to the big event can make for one hectic bride, making the change on your site takes five minutes of your time. Plus, you can add updates as the date gets closer instead of feeling the pressure to nail everything down before your Save-the-Date notices are sent.
• It's easy to stay in contact with your guests. Many wedding site templates offer guest RSVP sections. Ask guests to enter their email addresses to be notified of site updates or changes. Then happily send one email instead of making 150 calls.
• You don't have time to deal with 150 calls from 150 guests trying to figure out directions. The last thing you, your parents, or your Maid of Honor has time to deal with is an endlessly ringing cell phone from friends and relatives asking to clarify the location one more time.
• It's eco-friendly. No matter how you use it, your site will probably save you cash on paper and stamps, not to mention the trees you've saved by using less paper and carbon emissions you've spared by not loading the mailman down with a whole lot of envelopes. Whether you prefer to go completely paperless and use your site for everything or just plan to ask for eRSVPs for a portion of your wedding-related festivities, every little bit helps!